Benchmark Vehicles creates high end adventure vehicles, taking the Mercedes Sprinter chassis and transforming it to an off road escape vessel. As the lead designer in a new role for this company, I was given a lot of freedom to help transition traditional manufacturing techniques into a more efficient CAD based system.
Some of the job functions:
- Transition 2D design based company(Adobe Illustrator) into the use of CAD/CAM(Fusion 360)
- Translate previously manually produced parts and techniques into CAD models for CNC production
- Help establish internal CNC operations, operate and maintain 5x10 CNC router
- Create complex CAD models including all original parts to layout interior and exterior of vans
- Create drawings and design files to communicate with external manufacturers
- 3D printing of internal components